After two days of turbulent reading, it has come to an end. And what a book!
- The portion of the EARLY TWENTIES just passed by. I actually cried here because of that line concerning his gift for her – confidence or scented candle. I don’t know if it is really meant to make you cry, but I cried, because it’s so sincere.
- The skinny-deeping portion, or maybe, from the restaurant to that, was so great. And when he applies the tanning lotion…. gosh. It works!
- After that, it splits into two. I’m much more attached with Dexter’s storyline, but Emma’s story is no lesser than the other.
- There is an event which took me two readings for me to understand. And when I did, I was shocked and depressed.
- The letter from India plot line was so…. ugh, affecting. I mean, they could have already hit it off from that point, wasn’t it?
- The ending is one of the most romantic things I have ever encountered. Ever. I mean, after this somewhat depressing yet still hopeful book, it ends with such a high pitch that it just raised my excitement for the movie (which, unfortunately, was moved further to August. rats!) Anyway, I read the last page again and again for like six straight times.
- Maybe it really helped that I already saw Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess as the couple. Argh! Perfect couple, by the way.
- They look so good and so perfect for each other!
- And as one reader have said, I heartily recommend this book!
Don’t they just look… beautiful? I’m saying this right now, I have never anticipated a movie like this before. And this is the first book that affected me emotionally. The other novels that I have read, though beautifully written, don’t have the emotional punch of this book.
And I want to see the movie as soon as possible! 🙂